The event is usually towards the end of February. The rough programme for the evening is as follows:
- 4.45pm External students arrive and eat packed teas in Hurst Library.
- 5.15 to 5.45pm Schools arrive, directed to parking, escorted to the theatre.
- 5.55pm Welcome audience and call host to the stage.
- 6.00pm Event begins
- 7.00pm Booksellers at back of stage
- 7.00pm Authors and host in Music School for book signing.
- Student reps rejoin groups
- Audience split up (as directed):
- Go to get refreshments
- Go to choose books
- The groups then switch
- 8.00-8.30pm Finish.
New Bury Theatre, Hurstpierpoint College (Prep School entrance on Chalkers Lane)