The IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change), this is the United Nations body for assessing the science related to climate change: https://www.ipcc.ch/
Youth for Climate Action: https://unfccc.int/topics/education-and-outreach/workstreams/youth-engagement
Films and Documentaries
- Before The Flood: Leonardo Di Caprio meets with scientists, activists and politicians to discuss various problems and solutions to Climate Change. Available on Netflix and Youtube.
- Cowspiracy: a film that investigates animal agriculture, an industry that is a leading cause of deforestation and pollution. Available on Netflix.
- An inconvenient Truth: A Global Warning (2006) and An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power (2017). Former US Vice president Al Gore presents an eye-opening and compelling view of the future of our planet and delivers the message that must act now to save the earth. The compelling follow-up shows that while the stakes have never been higher, the solutions are within our reach.
- Seven Worlds, One Planet: celebrates biodiversity and the variety of life on our planet whilst also shining a spotlight on its challenges. David Attenborough looks at how humankind has impacted the planet’s sustainability (on BBC1 from October 27th)
- The Uninhabitable Earth: a prediction of how climate change will affect our future. This book discusses a number of aspects from world-wide droughts to economic ruin.
- This changes everything: Capitalism vs the Climate: Naomi Klein explains why our greed for profit and growth prevents us from taking bigger measures against climate change.
- There is no planet B: Mike Berners-Lee presents a handbook for the make or break years.
- No one is too small to make a difference: a collection of speeches by Greta Thunberg
- This is not a drill: an extinction rebellion handbook: a book written by an international activist group designed to empower you with facts and stories as well as instructions on how to rebel.
Novara Media with George Monbiot: https://novaramedia.com/2018/11/09/extinction-rebellion-george-monbiot-on-the-politics-of-climate-change/